The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Shepherds Negotiate Constantly so Viewed as Leader

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Shepherds Negotiate Constantly so Viewed as Leader Reply with quote

It is amazing to read about the role of a shepherd in the ancient world. I was intrigued by Timothy Laniak statements on page 57 when he wrote: "This occupation put shepherds in a constant state of negotiation with an unpredictable physical and social environment. For these and other reasons, the shepherd naturally became an icon of leadership." A shepherd in the ancient world had to be independent and resourceful and adaptive at all times as weather changed constantly effecting their environment. They had to know and keep a close eye on each of their goats and/or sheep in their flocks. Only a leader, and a good one at that, can do all this well, and do it effectively day after and day for years.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: