The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Follower Before Leader

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Follower Before Leader Reply with quote

I appreciated Timothy Laniak statement on page 22 when he stated: "A good shepherd is one who see what the Owner sees and does what the Owner does. He is a follower before he is leader. He is a leader because he is a follower." There are so many resources on how to become and be a leader today. I think many of them are missing the concept that to be a good leader, you need to be a good follower of our Lord by doing and saying what He thinks is best. By following the Lord with our words and actions, we are modeling what is most important to the Lord, and that encourages those who are following us as leaders to do the same. Often the ways of the Lord are opposite of the ways of the world. So a good leader follows God's ways and models for people that follow them to do like God does.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: