The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Shepherd's Heart

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsdibble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: A Shepherd's Heart Reply with quote

I love how God has inspired Holy Scripture to use His creation to speak His Life and Kingdom into our midst. Just as we have to be diligent to understand various Scripture genre and metaphor, we also see God's ability to speak to us in the very physical human beings that we are and experiences that we have. In re-reading "While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks," I was reminded once again of the primary call of a pastor to be a shepherd who cares for their flock; to be one who "has a heart" for those God puts in our midst. As much as I love and attempt to care for my two dogs, I was reminded by this simple parallel of the serious call God puts on the heart of a pastor to care for those in our flock; whatever the cost. And this is only doable because the Lord is my Shepherd!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: