The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 18 Facing the Lions with Our Lord as our shepherd

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 18: Facing the Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie Whiting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Day 18 Facing the Lions with Our Lord as our shepherd Reply with quote

The Lord led me from the mouth of the Lion 19 years ago with His command "read the Bible." I was just scared enough of being devoured by the Lion, that I went that day (Saturday) and bought a Bible. I got an easy translation, and a daily Bible verse/commentary booklet called the "Upper Room" and preceeded to read, write, and meditate on the word of God for three years. God walked me out of harms way, and into His territory. I have continued that practice of daily reading of scripture and now go to Bible studies and attend a Bible based group called Celebrate Recovery. He snatched me from being devoured by the Lion, and He expects me to keep up my disciplines, to help others, and to give Him all the Glory. He is the greatest shepherd, but I must LISTEN to His direction, follow Him to the pastures He leads me too. No going off on my own, or I will be in mortal danger again. Everyday the predetors get more numerous, more voices pretending to be my Shepherd. I must stay focused on Him at all times, or over a cliff I will could go!! I see it all the time within my ministry.What I know; stay up front with my Shepherd so I can hear all His instructions clearly, stick closely with those in the herd, and do not allow myself to be tempted to go to another pasture or shepherd.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 18: Facing the Lions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: