The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 1 - Wilderness

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAB-CKC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Day 1 - Wilderness Reply with quote

I get from this that the wilderness is a place of 2 extremes – one being hot and one being cold – either end will destroy your life. You can suffocate in the extreme heat and you can freeze in the extreme cold. You have to have a balance. Desert is a place of death or void of life? Desert can also be a place of your spiritual calling. I wonder how may sheep do we in the church lose because the leaders themselves are in a desert place? It can also be a place where you are resting in GOD; totally dependent on God and learning to hear his voice. It can be a place where you go to refuel. Cast your cares on God for he said in his word – do not worry about anything but with prayer and supplication let your request be made know. Are we really doing that fully? I have learned over the years to cast my burdens on him and I have some stories to tell and teach to others. The author states that Jesus spent 40 days sustained exclusively by God’s word. So to me again the wilderness is a place of total trust in God. So as I grow in my walk and shepherding other, I want to give them just the word and nothing else – not my opinion or belief – but what Gods word says about a situation. I want to hear God’s voice so clearly that there is no doubt that he is speaking to me and instructing me. The author states that God will prepare us for our journey – all I can say is prepare me Oh, Lord.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: