The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Moses' Leadership

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAMALFoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Moses' Leadership Reply with quote

As I reflect on Laniak’s comments about Moses one area came to light. Moses had a misplaced sense of his independent capacity as a leader of his own people. I often wonder how many pastors who begin ministry often come with this same misplaced sense of independence. After graduating from seminary with our degrees and the tools to do ministry we often arrive in our churches, guns drawn, ideas ready, changes that need to be made and we have a misplaced sense of our capacity as leaders. It is only after a period of time through some of the “wilderness” we experience in ministry that we discover our ability to lead. Much like Moses would one day lead his people but only after a period of 40 years in the wilderness journey. However when God calls Moses to be His instrument of deliverance he becomes hesitant. As I reflect in my own ministry journey I find myself in that same mold of hesitance. I am not sure whether there is some form of deliverance for my congregation but I have sensed a heavy weight of hesitance in my own soul and person and am uncertain why. It is not a misplaced faith in God but something that requires discernment and searching out.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: