The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sharing the Load

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyflip

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Sharing the Load Reply with quote

I was convicted by the readings, realizing that togetherness and teamwork needs two or more people involved. As a pastor it is so easy to forge ahead by just doing it yourself, robbing others of the joy of serving with you...which I think is the point of team. But, with the business you sometimes think that it would be easier to do it yourself. This is always a lie because it takes into account my schedule and not God's.
Reading further I was blessed by taking the opportunity to remember the incredible friendships that God has given me in my ministry. So much so that I was moved to write some of those who have walked with me in significant moments in my life. Friendship is rare, but finding those that will share the load with you is exceptional.
garyh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: "Working as Family" Reply with quote

Ministry can be demanding as is shepherding sheep or raising animals on a "husbandry"-or so I would think. I see the importance of sharing the work load. The point that seems to stand out to me regarding this beautiful devotion has to do with the necessity of one-mindedness and unity among servants. Those that share the burden and privilege of serving together actually become family. As those who raise animals enjoy a "fictive kinship" as they do so together so to can a church staff. Around the office at church I want to make it clear, as Paul did, that we ultimate work as unto the Lord. While we have a hierarchy of responsibility and authority in ministry roles there too is the idea that we all serve the flock and he who is administrative must also be among the "sheep" to understand the needs of the church. The unifying factor in serving as a team is the overarching purpose of the team and its noble nature. The single most noble thing a team can do in harmony is proclaim and demonstrate the love of Christ. The proper execution of that privilege must ultimately draw no undo attention to any one person but the ministry team itself and of course the captain of the team Christ himself. Lord make and keep me a team player as we keep the unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace. Gary Hewins

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: