The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Strangers and Pilgrims

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robGCJAX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Strangers and Pilgrims Reply with quote

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. Hebrews". 11:13

This was one of my favorite chapters. High adventure riding camels to supper only to be caught by a storm with only a tent as a shelter. How exciting. Well done!

Several of my responses have been about being a pilgrim. I walked the Camino de Santiago in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

The teachings of this chapter became real to me walking from village to village with all your possessions on your back. “To travel far you have to travel light” on the Camino. I knew about simplicity when I left but I knew even more when I returned home. Each return trip I gave away more stuff.

I was caught in the messa in what the locals called a "tempestad". They warned me but I walked on anyway. That is what pilgrim do, they walk on.

I like being a pilgrim. This is not my home. I am on a journey. It makes sense not to get too comfortable here.

I was disappointed when I arrived at Santiago de Compestalla. I was hoping to arrive at the celestial city but it was only the end of the Camino and a new beginning. But some day I will arrive at my home.

I must admit I like being an alien and stranger on this earth. And I lam ike Abraham “looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.” Hebrews 11:10

Walk On Pilgrim!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: