The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Typical Image of Jesus Christ

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JunChaul Kim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Typical Image of Jesus Christ Reply with quote

Among image of Jesus Christ, the most typical image has been as Good Shepherd from begining of Christianity until now. The first artwork of Jesus found in catacombs describe him as the loving, nurturing, and protecting shepherd of the flock. In another words, the image of the Good Shepherd is typical image of Jesus Christ. whole life and ministry of Jesus was life as good Shepherd over whole life. I hope that I serve church and people as good Shepherd in succeeding ministry.
mlandschoot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: The true shepherd Reply with quote

I agree! We are to be shepherds of those around us. This would include our families, friends, and others we can serve. I know that God has been working to serve those in need. Part of this is shepherding them in the right direction towards wholeness and self-sufficiency. Sometimes people are like sheep, they don't herd very well. Getting people to move in the right direction is at times like "herding cats.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: