The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Hmmmmm

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robGCJAX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmm Reply with quote

This chapter is challenging and frightening at the same time. As a leader it is challenging to be asked to care for sheep with this level of attention. I think it may be too much to ask. As a sheep it is also frightening. I have found healing and deliverance in the church but it has been at the margins with marginal people. I would not want to be placed “under the rod” to be inspected by most leaders especially not for the seven deadly sins. Most leaders I have encountered would wound you more than heal you in this process.

Jesus was good at this kind of thing. Most of us are not.

Realizing our own woundedness and bringing it to Christ qualifiers us to be healers not a rod. Encountering our own brokenness in Jesus presence allows us to care for others not a leadership position.

If you do not know your own failures do not show others their’s.
If you have not known healing do not try to heal others.
Telling others what is wrong with them is not that useful. They already know. Telling them that Jesus is what they need is useful. He is the Healer not you.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: