The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Steady is the Pace

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smielke

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Steady is the Pace Reply with quote

In today's society it often seems like we are in a drought. Not necessarily from physical water but rather the Living Water which only God provides. It is easy for people including myself to get into the ebbs and flows of spirituality. There are times which I am completely on fire for God and doing everything I can think of to develop my spiritual development (the flood). I am also ashamed to say that there are times when my spirituality is woefully neglected often to the easy excuse of "I am really busy" comes into play (the drought). What I have come to realize is that a deliberate and steady spiritual journey is far more fruitful than the ebb and flow cycle I have experienced in the past. I am striving to have that steady puddle which I drink from on a constant basis rather that trying to drink from a fire hydrant or not drinking at all. When we are able to do that, it will be seen by the people we shepherd which will refresh all and glorify God in many ways.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: