The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Always Present Presence

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 39: Being There
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Blanchard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Always Present Presence Reply with quote

"I am with you always, to the end of the age." Mt. 28:20 (ESV) -- Do I believe this? I struggle with accepting God's unconditional love because I don't understand it. I often feel I let Him down and that out of frustration He leaves me. I find myself begging Him back. Insecurity has led me to question so much - my baptism, my faith, God's love for me, my strengths.... but to accept that He is always with me is to accept that He always loves me.
I spend so much time wanting to see Him -- in the quiet of my dimly lit living room He is there. If you are always with me why don't I always see, feel, or hear You? What blinds me to Your always present presence? Is is unholiness -- sexual thoughts, worry, fear, addictions, complacency, doubt, insecurities, etc?
I hear the birds singing in the morning dark and I am reminded that God works in the darkness, in the darkness of my soul God is there. Sing Your healing music in the darkness of my soul, bring darkness to light so that I may know of Your always present presence; in Jesus' name I pray!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 39: Being There
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: