The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Rivers of Living Water

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 33: Productivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Blanchard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Rivers of Living Water Reply with quote

Dr. Laniak writes "ultimately God's purpose is to bless others through us." I am reminded of John 7:38 "out of his heart will flow rivers of living water" (ESV) -- am I refreshing others, am I spiritually productive? I am in a battle with selfishness and right now it is getting the upper hand. I often feel that my family takes me for granted -- I clean up around the house, I organize our financials, I take care of morning duties, .... while others neglect things.

Self-centeredness enslaves me. I want to gain knowledge so others will be impressed by me, I want the pulpit so I can impress, I worship my time and try to prevent/avoid interruptions, I want to work in ministry but I want to be financially secure, and I want to sacrifice when it is convient for me. Father God how do you break the chains of selfishness? Do I really mean it when I ask you to? How do I change when all I have ever known is selfish?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 33: Productivity
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: