The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Dogging It Out in Pryaer

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 21: Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apb229

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Dogging It Out in Pryaer Reply with quote

The sheepdog is a reminder that the motive behind our daily circling is to keep the flock together. If we become cynical nags, then perhaps our critics are right: we just bark too much. (p149)

If I do not spend time praying for the sheep, I will turn into a cynic, and I will start to nag them. Praying for them reminds me of the Lord’s care for them. If I trust him with their lives and with my own, I won’t turn into a cynic – at least not for long – and I won’t nag at them. Some things can best be handled by talking to God instead of talking to people.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 21: Dogs
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: