The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Quiet Waters

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BethelPastor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Quiet Waters Reply with quote

It was a wonderful day at Church today. The fall CE quarter began today, and people were scrambling to find their own classes and new classes for their children. The morning worship service was nicely crowded, and after fellowship time I met with our two Deacon nominees to see how they were coming along with their studies in preparation for their theology examination for ordination. It was not rushed though, a “still waters” kind of day. I resonated to Laniak’s question of, “are we a turbulent swirl of activity, or are we inviting people to still waters?” I resonated to it because I’ve too much been doing the former, but lately have been consciously seeking to do that latter. When people want to talk church “business” on Sunday, I ask them to give me a call on Tuesday. I’ve recently insisted that our Church Administrator (who works very hard) attending the weekly mid-day Ladies’ Bible Study, even if she has to do so the Church’s time. I want to lie down beside the still waters, and I want those I shepherd to do so as well.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: