The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

What a faithful sheepdog is!

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjyi412

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: What a faithful sheepdog is! Reply with quote

When I learned the part of noun in English, I saw that sentence from English reference book that ‘A dog is faithful animal.’ Dog is collective now. What a faithful animal is among all jungle books. We sometimes watched that dog saved man’s life. A dog guides blind man. A dog patrols to find drugs at the airport. A dog smells spy at the front line of war.
A sheepdog barks to send all strange signals to shepherd. A sheepdog intends to guard flocks that are not wise. A sheepdog intends to keep the flock.

In these senses of functional jobs, a sheepdog performs a role like intercessory prayer who is sending our requests to God. A sheepdog looks like guardian angel which is protected believers out of devil's attacks.

I also observed that a sheepdog behaves like elder who help pastor in church. Also a sheepdog is like pastor who asks all need, request petition to God and receiving commands.

A sheepdog barks and fights against the attack of wolf. Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10) A sheepdog, as Jesus did for us, he/she put a life as tenuous as the dew on the grass for protection out of thief’s attack.

We, pastor, must protect our flocks against all devil’s schemes as a sheepdog does. What a faithful sheepdog is!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: