The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Preparing Flock for Change

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revjeff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Preparing Flock for Change Reply with quote

Just this morning, God was speaking to me in the statement, "We need to think more carefully about the impact of change. Like baheth, we need to scout out a new area and carefully prepare our flocks for a major transition."

It wasn't a major transition, but any change is a loss. As a staff we started a new class for parents of children and youth and ended a marriage class. I knew that a few people would be displaced because they didn't fit neatly into a category, but I did not address them face to face prior to the change. Consequently, I was informed yesterday that they are going to have their own class - and pulled a couple of parents in with them. My immediate reaction was to try to control and stop it from happening. But we were in a larger group at the time so I delayed. Then this morning I was convicted of their need for a place to belong and be nurtured. I was not watching out for the dangers in this new pasture and before I decide how to handle the program end of this, I need to make sure that the sheep are cared for and know that their needs matter.

I am grateful for the reminder. And immensely grateful for the grounding reality that the LORD watches over and keeps me, His flock, and this ministry.

Revjeff
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: