The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Team Ministry

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterlim23

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Team Ministry Reply with quote

I am so glad that through the writings of Dr. Laniak I am getting a clearer picture of what shepherding is. What is often promoted in my culture is a heavy hierarchal, top down, solo ministry. Team ministry is defined by all the direct reports executing, without question, the point leader's vision and desires. Often times, this way of leading is justified by pointing to the solitary life of a shepherd.

I am so thankful to be enlightened to the real community of the shepherd. I always wondered how a single shepherd was able to do all the work that was entailed in shepherding? Now I know that it was not a single shepherd but a team where everyone shared in the work of raising and reaping the rewards of shepherding.

Equally I am so thankful for the community that I lead. I work with a great staff where we embrace and value teamwork. We are not perfect but we serve to our strengths and we are there to support each other in our weaknesses. Furthermore, my children's pastor is actually my wife :) Obviously, she is more than just staff. In addition, I have 4 amazing lay leaders who partner with us as staff in ministry. I truly am thankful that I can shepherd and lead my congregation with the assistance and support of my team. Honestly, I don't know how I'd be able to shepherd my flock without my team. I am thankful that this is how shepherds shepherd in the real world as well.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: