The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Way of Light out of Darkness

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 25: Darkness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdudley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: The Way of Light out of Darkness Reply with quote

Knowing that darkness is ever before us here in this world is a fact. And knowing Christ is with us through all our dark days and nights is a liberating fact as well. The problem I have is developing a mind-set where this truth is dominate and acted upon. Knowing that the Lord is our Shepherd, and is always with us is a fact of the Christian's heritage, but to develop an attitude of the reality of this fact is a challenge. One way the Lord has helped me in this learning process is to permit me to experienc darkness so I might choose to call upon Him and receive the light that is available only through His love. It takes a while sometimes to open oneself to our Lord's gift of light, but after floundering around in darkness a while, trying our own devices, most choose light rather than darkness.I believe by having a choice, love is given and received in this equation.We come out the winner by receiving light, love, a growing relationship with God though Christ. We also experience what it is to be in darkness, and we have the opportunity to receive the gift not having to be without light again. It is no fun to be in darkness, but choosing the light of life is well worth the discomfort of the experience.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 25: Darkness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: