The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Healing somestimes involves confrontation

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revalanc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Healing somestimes involves confrontation Reply with quote

For healing to begin the sickness or injury must first be acknowledged. I sometimes see people that are walking wounded who will never admit that the root of their "illness" is their own behavior.

The most difficult things I have ever done is to hold people accountable for their walk with Christ. I don't know whether I just have great mercy gifts or I just hate confrontation (most likely the latter). But I find it very difficult to confront people about their sin.

I know that the confrontation will bring the possibility of healing, but I still find it difficult.

The only encouragement I can rest on is the knowledge that short-term pain will reap eternal gain.
[Php 2:13 NLT]
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: