The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

follow me

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 29: Following the Leader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billyflip

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: follow me Reply with quote

In this devotion I was struck by the Hebrew word Nahal which means "leading with tenderness." I so often want to lead with a battle cry like Braveheart and have people follow, yet often times it is the whisper and soft words of encouragement that move people. Tenderness denotes that you know the one you are talking to and that image pervades my view of what it must have been like for the first disciples to drop their nets when they heard the Master say to the "follow me". They must have felt the warmth of the rabbi asking them to be part of the select group that would change history.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 29: Following the Leader
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: