The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

“They have to keep the hungry livestock moving”

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 29: Following the Leader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clein

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: “They have to keep the hungry livestock moving” Reply with quote

I think this is something that at least my denomination has long forgotten. It’s like there is an inertia that seems to drag us back to lagging, to loitering, to grazing on the grass that’s not really very good but at least it’s here where we are.

It’s the maintenance mind set and I’ve felt it tugging at the back of my mind. On real busy days I wonder why I make so much work for myself. I wonder why I keep driving the flock forward. They’d be content to rest for a week or a month or a year or maybe from now on. There’s a little of that in me too.

But I know this isn’t where my shepherd is calling us to settle. He’s not gotten us to His promised land or to our final resting place. Our community is growing by leaps and bounds, new families are moving in all the time, more space is needed and so we press forward.

Honestly, this is my preferred style and in a lot of ways God has used that part of my style to avoid the temptation to rest or to settle down. Yet at the same time there have been seasons where my leaders have been clear that Nahal is needed. And we take a breather to consolidate what God has done. But it isn’t long before I’m back to Nahag again and pushing forward into the mission field that God keeps Nahal’ing us into.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 29: Following the Leader
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: