The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Each of two lions

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clein

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Each of two lions Reply with quote

Day 18 and 19 lay out before us the two lions that confront us. What a strange combination to speak of both in the same breath – Satan and God. Lions with “open jaws”.

Actually, I’m not surprised at the lumping the two together. As Lewis makes clear, neither are “safe”. And to be honest it’s not always easy to figure out which is which. I don’t mean figure out who Satan is and who God is. That’s clear. I mean trying to figure out where this trial is from. Is it the attack of the evil one or judgment of the Holy One? Is it spiritual warfare or divine chastisement?

I’m sure that there are some guidelines to tell the difference and I’ve learned most of them but I’ve also learned that the response to either is the same. The response to both is to throw myself upon the mercy of Jesus and ask forgiveness and protection. He may be a Lion but He is also my beloved - Jesus. In some ways that’s the easiest intercessor’s prayer. It’s to call out Luther’s “one little word shall fell him.” Either way the Savior comes. Either way the struggle is placed into His hands and either way I can endure.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: