The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Greener Pastures and Strategic Planning

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clein

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Greener Pastures and Strategic Planning Reply with quote

It’s fascinating to read of a way of life so radically different from the one we live. I have a house on a street in a neighborhood of a city in Texas. I’ve been here for more than five years now. It’s called home and it stays put.

Uma-Nabila had a different life. A life in which home moved – sometimes daily. It moved as the need arose. It moved when somebody found greener pastures. What a different life that would be going where the grass is. Literally following God’s bounty.

How different that is than all the things we seem to be learning as modern practioners of ministry. I’m immersed in strategic planning and staff development at church. At home I’m reading books, evaluating planning processes, generating case studies for change and soaking up all the stuff I need to pass my leadership classes.

I’m not complaining, but when I lay it down next to this model of the shepherd going where the grass is greener, I can’t help but wonder how the two line up. Coming up with a long range plan versus going where the grass is greener. I’m hoping it’ll make more sense when it comes time to move the flock.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: