The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Unforced Rhythms of Grace

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragamuffin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Unforced Rhythms of Grace Reply with quote

This could have been a part of Jamie's excellent post as it comes from Eugene Peterson as well. Yet it is so critical that it should be heard on its own terms:

Matthew 11: 28-30 - The Message "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

If Jesus is not laying anything heavy or ill-fitting on His undershepherds then who is? Our communities? Our colleagues? Our selves - specifically our egos? In the first two cases, we can feel the pressure from job descriptions or expectations - which are not canonical in most cases! :-) In the last case, I know from personal experience the pressure to perform for others is nothingn compared to my own inner drive. The outside pressures provide an excuse for compulsive behavior stemming from my own needs or goals or agendas.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: