The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Cultural Distance

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthpastorbob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Cultural Distance Reply with quote

Part of the disconnect culturally for this topic is not only from the pastoral world to the post-modern world which has little contact with shepherds, but from an authoritarian world to our world where democracy, autonomy, and “rights” take precedence. As a contemporary pastor, I have little “power” to enforce justice in my flock. For the most part, I need to earn “authority” to intervene, model justice, and confront with love and grace.
tsl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: When it does happen... Reply with quote

Every culture requires something different from us and I think you've spoken the truth about ours: authority is rarely respected unless it is earned. Because our culture makes it so difficult to enforce discipline, when it does happen, it is evidence of remarkable leadership-by-influence.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: