The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Elders as shepherds

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJMBC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject: Elders as shepherds Reply with quote

I am used to considering the image of a leader as a shepherd who sets direction, vision and cares for the overall well-being of the sheep. I have never considered the subtleties of this position as a pastor and elder. Looking for signs of threats or unannounced trouble are things I find myself doing yet I have never considered them to be exactly what I am called to do as a shepherd. There is strategic value for elders in the church to be dispersed among the congregation rather than positioned only at the top where you see only one perspective. In the midst of the rest of the flock, you can more easily identify places of challenge and difficulty. I don’t think we train our elders this way. We tend to look for those who are exceptional business people rather than exceptional shepherds. We need shepherds.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: