The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Am I interceding for my people?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdelacruz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Am I interceding for my people? Reply with quote

There was one part in the chapter that caused me to stop and reflect hard. Dr. Laniak wrote about a rabbinical commentary on Noah, calling Noah a "foolish shepherd" for failing to intercede as a true pastor for his generation.

If am going to be honest with myself, this is is me right now. Dr. Laniak's penetrating questions leave me questioning my heart.

"I also wonder if the fate of my flock touches my heart enough to challenge a just sentence? Enough to risk my own destiny for just one more chance for them? Do I want mercy more than justice for others? Do I 'stand in the breach” recklessly interceding for my flock?'"

Unlike in the past, I barely pray for my congregation as a pastor. I am aware of this and I am lamenting. May God grant me a heart like Epaphras'.
vdelacruz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I interceding for my people? Reply with quote

vdelacruz wrote:
There was one part in the chapter that caused me to stop and reflect hard. Dr. Laniak wrote about a rabbinical commentary on Noah, calling Noah a "foolish shepherd" for failing to intercede as a true pastor for his generation.

If I am honest with myself, I'd say this is me right now, a "foolish shepherd". Dr. Laniak's penetrating questions leave me questioning my heart.

"I also wonder if the fate of my flock touches my heart enough to challenge a just sentence? Enough to risk my own destiny for just one more chance for them? Do I want mercy more than justice for others? Do I 'stand in the breach” recklessly interceding for my flock?'"

Unlike in the past, I barely pray for my congregation as a pastor. I am aware of this and I am lamenting. May God grant me a heart like Epaphras'.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: