The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Motives

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Motives Reply with quote

Day 26 Guard Yourselves

The table was clear. All was set for our next weekly breakfast time together as husband and wife. Following the lead of others, I paused my early morning work schedule to spend time with my bride, the mother of our children. But, the more we communicated, the more the tension in our relationship escalated. We were stuck in the crazy cycle. My “noble” motives resulted in a declining marriage. I stopped escalating and started asking the question, “what did I do or say to contribute to the escalation?” I suspended our weekly meeting and started a new season of looking at myself, identifying my offenses and then confessed them to Becky. Forgiveness was always granted and a softened marriage was experienced in both directions.

Looking back, I’d become a wolf in the form of a prosecutor. Selfish ambition drove my desire to mold my wife into a person of my own creation. Left to my own, our marriage would have ended in the courtroom. Darkness turned to light. Scales began to fall from my eyes. What was dim started to clear and The Good Shephard diverted us off the broad road that leads to destruction and onto the narrow path. He said: “Follow me,” and we did.

1/7/2022
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: