The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Defecting the glory to God through brokenness

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 5: Spring Up, O Well!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skang5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Defecting the glory to God through brokenness Reply with quote

As this chapter points out how important it is to bring glory to God as we minister His people instead of bringing the glory to ourselves, it seems impossible to do this genuinely from our hearts. God looks at our hearts as He said through the prophet Samuel. I can say million times, "All the glory to God" but deep down in our heart, we can't help but to think 'I deserve some glory since I've worked so much.' So, the only way for us to genuinely bring glory to God is to know that we can't truly do anything apart from God and apart from Jesus as Jesus mentions in John 15:5. Only by being truly broken and knowing that anything beneficial is done by the Lord through me, regardless how others see you, God is truly glorified.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 5: Spring Up, O Well!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: