The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

“Leading is interceding.”

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: “Leading is interceding.” Reply with quote

Day 19 The Other Lion

The last two days we processed wolves and the roaring lion looking for someone to devour. The Other Lion is worth much more of my attention. He is hidden in plain sight, more powerful than a pack of wolves or a pride of lions. I just listened to a Tim Keller message titled “The Humility of Christ,” originally presented to his congregation in 1998. He highlighted that humility looks like brave and gentle or fearless and meek, a tension between protecting others or intercession for others. I believe intercession for my dear friend “Dee” made a difference in extending his life or comforting him in times of suffering. He laid on deaths doorstep numerous times, rising to fight battle after battle. Like the raising of Lazarus, only to die again, Dee lived until he died. He taught us how to live through watching how he died, focusing on relationships with others until he was called to his eternal home. I’m trying to memorize the same four chapters in the Gospel of John that my friend used to endure in times of extreme suffering and pain. Sitting in his shop, we talked about boats, getting it ready for the storms to come. Storms have come to many around me; debilitating back pain, stage four liver cancer, pancreatic cancer diagnosis, residual coronavirus illness resulting in lung failure in a young dad, heart failure diagnosis, Covid-19 victims, depression and suicide attempt, death, end of life, paralysis of a young man following a motorcycle accident and more. Too much to intercede for without writing it down. When I stop writing it’s time to start interceding, calling, texting, visiting and serving. And don’t forget, there’s more storms heading our way. I’m glad to be in the boat with The Other Lion. Lord, help me to stay in “the boat”... or to walk on water!

9/22/2021 rev 10/27/2021
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: