The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pandemic and Wilderness

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWDIII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Pandemic and Wilderness Reply with quote

In many ways, during the last year and a half, my life has felt like a wilderness. Some of this has been detrimental, while other aspects have been extremely helpful and encouraging. With the onset of the pandemic in March 2020, the church I pastor transitioned all their services from in person to exclusively online. This was a steep learning curve for me, because I was not used to recording and videotaping services. Furthermore, sometimes it was a struggle to maintain the fellowship among parishioners. When we decided to begin outdoor services, the church began to flourish again, and now that we are back inside the Sanctuary, everything seems to be gradually getting back to normal.

I also feel like I’m in the wilderness, because I’m near the end of the doctoral program at Gordon-Conwell. I’m about to begin my final residency, while also striving to finish my Thesis-Project. Somedays I feel overwhelmed, but I know God has me in this program for a reason.

Since my sister was able to work remotely, she and her daughter were able to come live with my parents and me, with my sister’s husband visiting us frequently. My sister was able to teach me how to make videos of services to email to the congregation. Moreover, I was able to spend a lot of time with my niece. I consider this such a blessing, because I would not have been able to play with her as much without the effects of the pandemic.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: