The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

“He restores my soul. My cup overflows.”

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 12: Satisfaction and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: “He restores my soul. My cup overflows.” Reply with quote

Day 12
Satisfaction and Restoration

“He restores my soul. My cup overflows.”

“Satisfaction involves having genuine needs met and depleted resources replenished.” We are whole people who have such a variety of needs; physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual, relational, and spiritual. The first question is how we assess needs in our places of ministry. By intuition and assumptions or with real data? Do we really want to know the extent of the needs? What kind of needs do we seek to meet? Only “spiritual” needs?”

“Like the disciples on that mountainside, we can enjoy the Lord’s rest even while serving his people.”

Becky and I just returned from our daughter Julia’s destination wedding in Utah. The limited gathering included parents, brothers, their wives or significant other, a nephew and niece, 16 in total. The bride and groom asked and I agreed to serve as the Wedding Officient. I had a plan, but subsequently executed differently at each juncture. I let go of my course, paring down, turning on a dime and taking steps in response to a new direction that was influenced by my wife’s counsel and in interaction with The Spirit. Peace and patience followed.

The week concluded without my awareness of or observing any tiffs between family members. It was an amazing time together, making memories for a lifetime. Reflecting back on my life, I can’t remember a more pleasant week. Throughout our week together, the absence of rigidity, agenda and judgement, created an environment for relationships to flourish. And they did. In the process of hosting, serving and unconditionally accepting each member of the grooms family, seeds were planted to grow our new friendships and extended family well beyond the wedding festivities. But the fruit of the spirit is........ Devoid of striving, I returned home resting in the Lord’s love, joy and peace.

Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 12: Satisfaction and Restoration
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: