The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Leading means healing

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Leading means healing Reply with quote

Day 8
The Shepherd Healer

Leading means healing.

Do we recognize the subtle symptoms of our flocks ailments in a toxic social environment, saturated with sensual stimulation? Have we created a safe place for fragile souls who are suffering emotionally, overwhelmed with grief or chronic depression? Do we afford the time necessary to care for those fighting long-term and terminal illness? Are those who are suffering the most, touched the most?

As I reflect on “Leading means healing” I am struck by the endless opportunities from the past and the present. The more I reflect, the more I can see the kaleidoscope of people and trials scattered across the territory I have lived in for more than six decades. I feel drained and a bit depressed reviewing the list of names. I do not stay there long, as many including myself, have experienced healing and an improved physical and mental quality of life. Others continue to suffer. Some were healed and then later died peacefully. Many just died, including my dear friend Dee, living past his statistical prognosis for stage 4 cancer. I had the privilege of walking with him, his family and friends from the beginning of the diagnosis to the end of his life. It was not my first and I suspect it will not be my last time walking with others through affliction and death. Suffering is hard. Healing, comfort and provision are the tools of The Good Shepherd. Christ has deputized ambassadors of hope and commands us to go in faith, caring for lambs and sheep. The needs are great, but so is his power and army. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done.

My ultimate healing is coming soon. For me, three score and ten years will be here in the blink of an eye. I think of Lazarus being raised from the dead by Jesus, only to die again a few years later. My hope is in the first of when Christ returns or the earthly number of my days comes up and the Lord redeems my soul, I find myself free from sin, released from pain and suffering is no more.... for eternity.

Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: