The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

We have to keep digging because we know where the water is.

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 5: Spring Up, O Well!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: We have to keep digging because we know where the water is. Reply with quote

Day 5
Spring Up, O Well!

“It seems that we need to pray, read, and reflect more, not less, because these actions can so easily become meaningless and rote rituals. We have to keep digging because we know where the water is. It’s just sometimes deeper than we wish.”

The question left for us is, “Do we direct the attention of those we serve to the Source or do we sometimes, in exasperation, use the “tricks” of skills and strategies to accomplish heaven’s work?”

Two days ago, Tim, my dear friend and successor, and I shared reflections about the content in Day 4, as part of our normal biweekly pattern. At the conclusion of our discussion I read the entry I posted in the forum two weeks ago. At the conclusion of reading, Tim said “I’ve heard that before.” I said; “That’s impossible, I just wrote it two weeks ago, waited to share it with you, I did not text or email it to you, so unless you went on The Forum and read it, this was the first time you’ve heard it.” He doesn’t frequent The Forum and he went on to say he knew what I was going to say before I said it, referring to my “like a snake sheds his skin” comment as an example. I directed him to the Source, the power and activity available to us through the awesome duo, Jesus sitting at the throne with our Heavenly Father and them sending the Spirit to dwell in us and in the world. This is the power one needs to do the impossible. The weight of responsibility is too great to carry it alone. It’s not Gods design. The Source is able to stack the deck in our favor, showing us in advance what is impossible to know.

None of what I describe above has happened as a result of Tim’s or my initiative. It was all of grace. I do connect it to digging deeper because we know where the water is. The depth I’m experiencing from my second pass through this book is eclipsing my first pass through 5-1/2 years ago. So I’ll close by reinforcing our Tim, Dr. Laniak’s quote of a quote; Paul resisted these urges, clinging nakedly to the divine promise, “so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power. Leading means trusting.”

Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 5: Spring Up, O Well!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: