The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

knowing and being moved by what they are experiencing

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 14: Named and Known
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joonoh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: knowing and being moved by what they are experiencing Reply with quote

As the number of members of the congregation increases, it is harder to have deep relationship with all the members. Because for the volume of names and prayer requests that I feel like I should be aware of, I as the shepherd/preacher feel hasty to get to know all the members. I feel that haste and even guilt about not knowing all the members of my congregation in depth.
From that sense of haste and guilt, there are times where I am not going deep into the lives and the experiences of the congregation to be able to be moved by their experiences. This is a balance and rhythm that challenges between pastoral ministry and preaching ministry.
However, it is a great perspective as a sphepherd/preacher to have so that I can be in sync with the congregation. Another angle of the idea is being moved by only certain portion of the congregational experiences whether it be the experience of my recent visitation or key leadership relationships. Constantly wholehearted and passionately being involved with the congregation with discernment and balance in life is a task that is needed for the sphepherd/preacher and his/her family.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 14: Named and Known
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: