The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Hand On the Back

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: The Hand On the Back Reply with quote

It can be a scary world when you are a young Christian. It is an uncertain world when you are a young leader. It is an unkind world when you are a learning leader. What is it the breaks in on these situations and brings hope? It is the presence of someone who cares. It isn't that they have the issue figured out or the problem solved. It is rather, their hand on the back, the simple reassurance that we are not alone and that someone else cares.

This presence helps us keep walking and protects us against giving up due to fear. The person in touch with us, particularly in our weaker and more vulnveralbe moments, provides simple comfort and the encouragement to keep going. As the acts of caring, (as varied as the needs they serve), are an extension of the heart of the one performing the action, so is the person the extention of the heart of God for us. I welcome random, unexpected acts of remembrance and presence. I welcome the surprises that remind me that God is here, is thoughtful and is caring for me. I am not alone in this. We all need the presence of the staff to show up across the path of our life, whether around our neck in rescue or on our shoulder in reassurance. God is here full time "on staff", and He's recruited me to be on His team, "on staff" as well.

Comforting.

Challenging.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: