The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Together

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Together Reply with quote

Once one has been a part of a team that is well-functioning, mutually-beneficial and life-transforming, it becomes the standard by which all future teams are judged.

I have been a part of such a team. We started a new site for an existing church. We had some inkling of what we were doing, but now concrete roadmap forward. We tried things and they succeeded. We tried things and they failed. We were in it together and we were confident that Jesus was leading us. Many hours were poured into that ministry. There was conflict in our larger church and that only drew us closer together still. Amazingly, we didn't take time to realize how amazing this experience was while we were in the midst of it. In fact, it wasn't until I had accepted another ministry position that one of our team members said, "You know, I think we are going to look back on these as the golden years -- the best years of our ministry." We all laughed. Now a decade in the rearview mirror, it seems more true than ever.

I don't long to be back in that ministry context, but I do insist that our teams push for that type of connectedness. Once you have been to the mountaintop, you can't forget the view. No two teams are the same, but the quality of the teams can be. As a leader, that is what I strive to create within our teams. United in purpose and mission. United together.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: