The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Even Goats Can Help the Team

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romans58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Even Goats Can Help the Team Reply with quote

Here I really appreciate the insight and reminder that leadership is a shared reality. I had never really thought about the way this is played out in the context of a flock before, but it is amazing to me how the roles within the flock can so easily parallel the roles within the church. The point in both seems to be that ultimately there is only one shepherd and in the case of the church it is not me but the Good Shepherd himself. However as the good shepherd he shares that responsibility with others, including me. What a great relief it is for me to know that I am not the only one responsible for the flock. This also challenges me to make sure that I am not taking on too much and getting in the way of Jesus using others to guide his flock.

I relate strongly to the idea of being a goat and the author’s realization that, “goat-like tendencies could be good; though independence sometimes gets me in trouble, it also prompts others to follow 216).” As I am growing as a shepherd leader I am also learning how to keep my goat-like tendencies in balance so that they can be better used in the dynamic of team ministry.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: