The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Rod of Discipline

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 23: The Rod
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romans58

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: The Rod of Discipline Reply with quote

I am not one who generally embraces discipline, however I find this reflection both challenging and insightful. I really appreciate how the rod and staff are shown here as representing both discipline and comfort. There is something beautiful about knowing that God loves me enough to discipline, protect and comfort me both for my own good. And yet as a pastor it is sobering for me to remember that God calls me to provide the same for those whom I lead.

I also value the insight provided here regarding how shepherds often discipline sheep by separating them from the flock and that this may be necessary at times for the sake of the flock. I also appreciate the reminder of the need to have people in my life who can speak truth and even discipline into my life.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 23: The Rod
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: