The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Are You Safe

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsdibble

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Are You Safe Reply with quote

I was very interested in these two “lion” entries because of my friendship with Dr. Laniak and my families’ past trip of Africa where some of these lion images came from. I am reminded of the image of God as a “growling image over his prey,” A God who “hagahs.” So hungry and anticipatory is the lion for the pursuit of his desire that he growls in expectation. In these two very different images of lions, we see one lion (the evil one-Satan) whose goal is to devour us by disordering and distorting our desires and challenging our trusts. Is that not our everyday experience in this world? We encounter another lion whose longing and growling is in eternal and relentless pursuit of us-his creatures whom he loves so very much and calls by name. At times it is hard to distinguish these lions. We only want safe roads, yet the Lion of Judah calls us to roads that are hard and do not feel safe and secure. And many times those roads bring us suffering. Yet, in the end, we must trust that this God, this Lion, this Aslan is good, yet not safe. And so He is. And His ways are higher than our ways
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 19: The Other Lion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: