The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Serving the Lamb

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DorlanSL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Serving the Lamb Reply with quote

Following and Serving the Shepherd-Lamb…
The book of I Peter and Revelation brings the shepherd leader into the current dispensation in which we live. Here in I Peter we see the church again as a sojourner being operable in a world that is not its final place. The Apostle Peter reminds us of the Chief Shepherd who laid down his life for us and that we to will suffer like Christ.
For me this announces reality check. Today we live and minister in a western world that are somewhat absent from religious abuse. Generally we are often referred to as business operators for gain (how chilling). While this may be somewhat true there are brothers and sisters who suffer daily for the sake of the gospels. Peter encourages us to abstain from sinful desires, which war against our souls and to be mindful that we are aliens.
The book of Revelation brings about much joy and happiness for me. The writer seeks to bring to focus what the end of this word would be. He speaks of the shepherd as the Slain Lamb who has been given power to rein, open books, break seals and yes the enemy of our souls will be placed into eternal punishment. Laniak reference to this Messianic King leans to the title ‘Lamb’ which he reminds us is used twenty-eight times in the apocalypse. We are reminded that the death of Messiah has brought to an end the sacrificial system. It is this Jesus we celebrate who has purchase our salvation and cleansed us from all unrighteousness.
…he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them…for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd (Rev. 7:15, 17). He is our Shepherd/Lamb. This book has been an inspiration to me.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: