The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

YHWH our Messiah

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DorlanSL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: YHWH our Messiah Reply with quote

YHWH, the Messiah…Second Exodus
This passage I found to be an interesting read. It is not too often that we hear of a second exodus or might I say the comparison of what happen to the children of Israel once they had settled in the land of Canaan. The message here is clear that God’s conditional covenant with his people is to be obeyed and every time the children of Israel (we/the church) steps outside of his will we find ourselves facing hash measures.
Laniak draws reference to Hezekiah’s reign when the Assyrian army rolled into Judah and destroyed almost all of it except Jerusalem. Yet in the midst of this his overtures to Babylon would eventually turn Judah into a vassal of this next superpower. The lessons encountered by these chosen leaders are to serve as warnings to us as we lead the people of God. The author reminds us to have faith in God and not in human power.
In the midst of the captivity of the Israelites by the enemy God wanted his people to understand that he is their king, it is only he who will provide and deliver them from other nations. Here we see Isaiah in chapter 40 say the Jerusalem’s hard service has been completed and that her sins have been paid for. The prophet is more dramatic in chapter 49 where he states “say to the captives; come out, and to those in darkness, Be Free.”
Again this experience was granted to God as he did for the forefathers in Egypt. Here YHWH commands his people through his prophet to leave Babylon and not secretly but with shouts of joy. They were to say, “The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob.” What is so profound about YHWH is that he is committed to his promises and his love for his people is so amazing.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: