The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Equipping leaders

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 32: Indigenous Leadership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Equipping leaders Reply with quote

I need to spend some more time meditating on this devotional about indigenous leadership. It has a lot to say about what I need to look for as we seek to equip young leaders in our church. Good equipping will require me knowing the type of leader a person is. Are they a ram (a natural protector)? Are they a goat (naturally independent, more difficult to lead, but good leaders themselves)? Are they a "maria" ewe (closely associated with the natural leaders of the church, such that they can stand in as a substitute)?

We have developed a year-long equipping cohort for emerging young leaders. The first year was more focused on developing the content. This year I think we need to take more time with the individuals in the cohort to determine their gifting, their passion, and the particular way God might be calling them to lead within the flock of our church. This is a good reminder that I must get to know those I am equipping, not just run them through a program.

So here are some questions for me: How will I more systematically spend time with those in our equipping cohort this year? What diagnostic questions will I be asking myself as I meet with them? Which type of indigenous leaders am I more motivated to train and which are more draining for me? How can I help each person see the good and glorious ways God has created them to serve and lead?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 32: Indigenous Leadership
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: