The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Journey Home

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Grandsire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: The Journey Home Reply with quote

As I have read this devotional book over the past few months, God has been at work in my personal and my ministry life. I have found the images to be helpful in my journey as a pastor to a flock to help them to become ready for our permanent home. Leading, guiding, feeding, giving rest and exercise are just parts of the journey, but vital to getting us home as they are used at the right time and in the right way.

Once again I have to be willing to lead others only where I am willing to go and what I am willing to experience with my good and great Shepherd. I have found life in dry places as I have contemplated the image of Shepherd, and the wonder of the Great Shepherd as He leads me toward my final and permanent home. Will I pray for all of the sheep under my care to be ready to say "Even now come Lord Jesus" and to realize that the Good Shepherd has the final victory in all of life which includes our birth unto eternal life? May I live this life of shepherd leader and sheep in a way that draws myself and others to the One that really matters in all of life.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: