The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Authority well used

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 37: Authority and Abuse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Grandsire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Authority well used Reply with quote

Authority and abuse caused me to think about the hierarchy of our pastoral staff and the way that I lead my specific ministries. The topic made me consider what are the ways I encourage and empower the leaders of the ministry areas I am responsible to supervise. I need to empower these leaders to use the gifts that God has given to them, and not speak my desires as the only way that things can be done. In the same manner, I need to set aside control to enable God's work to move forward with strength and encouragement and empowerment. I contemplated the thoughts of spoken. And unspoken rules that exist within the context of the ministry and leadership. Will my unspoken rules match the spoken rules for authority or abuse? I pray that abuse doesn't overrule authority. May my power be under God's authority so that members of the congregation see God's love rather than being ruled into submission by control or abuse.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 37: Authority and Abuse
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: