The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Good Reminder

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastordzaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Good Reminder Reply with quote

From Day 13...

The staff represents these messages. A post-it note on the computer screen. A treat left in the lunch bag. A surprise party. A well-thought-out job review. A call on the anniversary of a loved one’s death. A passage of Scripture read at someone’s bedside. We all need tangible emblems of a shepherd’s care so that we can say with assurance, “Your staff brings me comfort.”

All pastors, I imagine, are familiar with demanding needy “sheep.” However, what consistently surprises me is how little affirmation the majority of “sheep” actually need.

Each week, I’ll send a postcard or two to folks who’ve turned in prayer requests or seemed to be a little bit down and they almost always come back to me, genuinely thankful. Something about knowing their pastor has thought of them, if only communicated with a sentence and a 13 cent stamp, goes a long way.

This is a good reminder.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: