The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A good staff devotion

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMerrell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: A good staff devotion Reply with quote

After reading this book on a personal level, it is now my plan to incorporate this devotional into my staff meetings. Why? Because even though I am the only pastor at my church, my entire staff serves in a shepherding role. Our Christian Education director works with our families and kids. Our four musicians (organist, pianist, choir director and bell director) work with different members of the congregation weekly. They have interactions that are different than my own. But they are interactions that are also very important....they are moments of shepherding.

And so this 40 day devotional is one that I think can go beyond just the pastoral office. It can be a use to all of my staff as they work in ministry together.
pastordzaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Elders Reply with quote

I've had the same thought re: my Session (elders). Their job is to "shepherd" the flock. Given that most meetings are "business-oriented," it would be interesting to see how they interacted with this material.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: