The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Back to Team Ministry

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMerrell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Back to Team Ministry Reply with quote

I only recently returned to team ministry after a 10 year hiatus. What a joy to be back in a place where things can be shared. For these past ten years I have been in a setting where pastoral ministry was my sole responsibility, but now I am in the place where I have been able to let some things go in order to focus on my calling as the pastor of my congregation. This means I have let go of some of the smaller areas of ministry and entrusted them into the hands of another.

In this chapter Laniak asks: "How is the "team spirit" these days?" I can only speak for myself, but the team spirit is alive and well...and it is a healthy spirit. Team ministry has been a blessing for my congregation, my family, and my own health. I am now not sure how I did it for so many years. Moreso, I am now finding myself encouraging my own colleagues at other churches to find the resources they need to incorporate their own team ministry. Doing it all yourself is lonely and detrimental...to your health, your ministry, and your life.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 31: Working Together
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: