The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Continually feeding the needed water

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h5463

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Continually feeding the needed water Reply with quote

I share Our Daily Bread on our church social media, WeChat. I share the devotional as frequent as possible in the group chatting. I also see other pastors sharing in a similar way. It is a trend now. A steady stream of spiritual food and water we want to provide everyday for the well-being of the sheep. Recently I preached on the issue of social media. We receive many unrelated, fragment messages everyday, if not every moment, from our mobile devices. Frequently checking up or texting becomes a new norm of life. Our time becomes fragmentary, losing focus and continuity, partially because of it. But time is limited and the competition is high, because we need to make decision which one is more important from those endless, diverse, and compelling feedings. I urged my audience to reset their top priority to reading biblical messages. In our times of “everyone did as he saw fit” (Judges 21:25), I still hope they make a good decision to be with the Lord even when checking up smartphones. But I know that in the real world to draw their attention on Christ and God’s words is obviously even more challenging than ever.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: